HF Amplifier Controller

The project aimed to build an HF Amplifier Controller that is needed in modern LDMOS Amplifier. LDMOS Amplifier mostly need a TR Switch (Relay), bias voltage, SWR measurement and Power output measurement.

To accomplish the need, AVR ATMEGA328 is used. I am familiar with the uP, and it has the necessary subsystem needed with low cost.

The controller will have :
1. Band selector input from Operator
2. Band selector input from Transmitter (Band Data from Yaesu or ICOM)
3. TR Relay control
4. Delay needed for TR Relay
5. Bias switch
6. ALC voltage generator and switch
7. Power measurement from Forward & Reflected sensor
8. Power Display using LCD and Cross Needle


Circuit can be seen on the following diagram :





The PCB still under development. But this one is almost finished and ready to order :



I am surprised that PCBWay offer me a prototyping opportunity. Where PCBWay provide a free PCB for prototype project that you make. So, I order the PCB and after a few days, the PCB has arrived. PCB quality is very good. It was professional made PCB that will make the project easy and enjoyable to built.

Here is the video on unboxing. Too bad that my lightning setup was not sufficient. But I hope the picture of the PCB below tell how good is the PCB that I got for free.

Thank you PCBWay.

Update Feb 15-2023

I have been asked to repair 8x IRF260 HF Amplifier. So this project was delayed. Also, during the repair, I found it was important to have current limiter. So, another project was made : "Solid State Current Limiter". The link is in my blog with title "Solid State Current Limiter" here

In progress ...

Comments

Vicious Pork said…
Following!
Any luck?
73 Mike
nwp said…
Thanks Mike.

So far still good result. But slow due to other activity and constraint.

I will keep posting for further progress.

73
David G4ZOW said…
NW, we need updates on that amp repair and amp controller project? Regards from Cyprus G4ZOW/5B4